The Heart of Barsaive
ED1 versus ED3
Here are some of the changes between ED1 and ED3 rules. The major ones.
- Steps no longer uses d4 and d20 die (only d6, d8, d10 and d12)
- Step Numbers now correspond to the average roll for that combination of Action Dice (i.e. the average roll for a d6 is now 4). So Step 4 is a d6, while Step 5 is d8, etc.
- Karma die is now a d6 for all races.
- Maximum karma is based on karma Race modifier x Karma Ritual talent rank now.
- Rule of One now only applies when rolling two or more Action Dice (doesn’t apply to Initiative and Damage rolls).
- Races – Now have minimum attributes that they start out with and purchase points from there.
- Disciplines – Each Discipline now has core Discipline Talents (required to take) and Talent Options.
- Talent Options are talents that fall within the Discipline “vision” yet allows customization of PC. Only one Talent Option per Circle is allowed to be taken.
- Skills – You now start with 8 Skill points. And also receive some free points as well.
- Initiative – This isn’t a rules change, only that we’ve been rolling Initiative once a combat sequence as opposed to each round.