- While out performing his Karma Ritual, Hiyal finds a very unique white barked tree. After some searching and digging, Hiyal believes he has found the resting place of Ardan Yan – the Questor of Rashamon and founder of Kaer Ardanyan.
- Among the roots of the tree he finds an amulet devoted to Rashamon, gives to Drovick for study.
- Ash meets Skreet, another Windling, whose employer, Wivin Akarem, is looking for a group to guard him while traveling in the Servos Jungle.
- Romni is informed by Llarg, the Inn’s Troll bouncer, that he retired after most of his adventuring companions were killed by a Jehuthra. Offers to pay the group if they would exact revenge for him.
- Cricket hears rumors that the local farmers are being plagued by sudden “howling storms”.
- Norish is informed by her Father that one of the new Council Members, an elf named Asendel, was assassinated.
- The PCs decide to investigate the gruesome murder scene and find that Asendel was ritually executed and dismembered. Unknown assailant, unknown motive. Cold case.
- Cricket and crew decide to investigate the “howling storms” rumors. Turns out that a pack of Storm Wolves were passing through when a bitch and her pup were separated from the pack.
- Unfortunately, the mother was killed by a local farmer, but he didn’t know about the pup.
- The pup in its distress kept calling little micro storms. Cricket decides to raise the pup herself; names her Layla. Scolds farmer.
- Norish meets the swashbuckling cavalier Linder. Who claims he will teach her how to ride.
- Training ensues and Norish can now Mongol yer ass from the back of a moving horse.
- While out roaming, Hiyal stumbles on a large swath of tracks. Following, he discovers a large encampment of Ork Scorchers.
- Drovick and Haad manage to figure out that the amulet that Hiyal found is a Pattern Item for Ardanyan. Also, that it is a locket. And once opened a key falls out.
- Further study of the key reveals that it is one of the keys, shaped like a giant Oak, to the fabled Heart of Heroes.
- Haad retells the story to the PCs about the Heart of Heroes.
- Everyone decides to go in search of the Jehuthra that killed Llarg’s friends.
- After a few days searching, the party finds the Jehuthra at the same moment it attacks a human wizard by the name of William.
- Jehuthra slain, party returns to Ardanyan…
- Just in time to see a large cloud of smoke/dirt being stirred up on the horizon. It appears to be heading straight for Ardanyan…in the form of hundreds of Ork Scorchers!!!
The Heart of Barsaive