- One of the Elves turns on the others, gives up information on Ardanyan and what he knows about the city and its officials.
- PCs let the traitor go, leave the other 5 elves with Drovick and Ash tied up outside of town.
- As the PCs walk towards Ardanyan, they hear fighting ahead on the road. Rounding a bend they see a human caravaneer and an Ork defending their cargo from Ork Scorchers.
- PCs attack and the Orks immediately flee.
- Human thanks them and offers to pay their way into Ardanyan as his guards.
- PCs enter Ardanyan after some tricky guard sweet talking. PCs tend to stick out with their very out of date clothes.
- After wandering around dumbfounded for awhile, the PCs think they recognize some of the people and places that seem all too familiar.
- They are eventually approached by a local human Thief adept named Tittoo and told to meet him at the Silent Scream Inn.
- When they arrive and mingle, they meet the adepts Wuschwusul, a T’skrang Swordmaster and Caedrus, an Obsidiman Warrior. It turns out that Caedrus is a fellow Liferock Brother to Romni and Basaltimus.
- But before they have time catch up, Tittoo busts into the Inn with a Slavers Wanted poster for the party.
- The PCs can see that a squad of watchmen are on their way to the Inn.
- PCs decide that running is the better part of valor and hightail it, following Tittoo’s lead out the back of the Inn.
- He leads them to a safehouse and explains that a few days prior a bunch of “slavers” were arrested that matched the PCs mentors.
- Their mentors are locked up in the cellars of Ardanyan’s Council House. It’s decided that a nighttime breakout is in order.
- With some fighting involved, the PCs breakout their mentors. Only to find out from their very injured mentors that Leldrin and the Council of Ardanyan are all former members of Kaer Ardanyan.
- Having seen Leldrin coming and going while incarcerated, the mentors believe that there is a secret entrance into the Kaer Ardanyan.
- The PCs quickly find the entrance and drag their mentors back to the Kaer, fighting a few guards along the way.
- After a long walk underground, the PCs arrive back at the Kaer. Unable to hide with their mentors in tow, the PCs make their way to the Council Hall.
- Out of nowhere three Horrors show up out of nowhere and begin attacking the kaer residents. Someone yells that the mentors have returned with Horrors.
- Some residents attack the PCs in the panic. The PCs defend themself and make their way to the Council Hall.
- Joran meets with everyone. The PCs try to explain what happened but every time they try to talk their words come out as jibberish.
- Just as the mob is about to hang the PCs, they spot Leldrin. A very short fight ensues and Leldrin is knocked unconscious, cuffed and stuffed.
- Kaer freed!!! Yay.
The Heart of Barsaive
GM Notes: A Pinch Of Salt